18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.winners||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, internet users and others?
TJX believes that the .winners gTLD will offer considerable benefits to TJX’s millions of customers. The .winners gTLD will facilitate customer trust and allow TJX to improve its existing online marketplace. The registry will be restricted and strictly administered by TJX personnel. As such, TJX believes that the registry will benefit the following stakeholders:
1. TJX customers. A .winners registry will benefit TJX’s customers by providing targeted Internet locations that align with relevant categories, trends, and products. A .winners registry may also allow TJX loyalty members opportunities for deeper levels of engagement with the brand. Additionally, a .winners registry will help protect consumers from possible confusion by becoming the internet location for authentic and accurate information about TJX and TJX’s good and services. A .winners registry will also help facilitate consumer access to customer service content and FAQs and will enable consumers to access more relevant marketing materials. Further, TJX hopes that a .winners registry will result in less cybersquatting in the second level since clients and others will be able to easily locate TJX in the top level. TJX believes that this will ultimately lead to lower social costs, including lowering TJX’s need to consume the resources of the courts and various arbitration providers due to lower instances of cybersquatting in the .winners registry than in unrestricted gTLDs generally, such as .com.
2. TJX employees. The .winners gTLD will reinforce the TJX brand throughout the world. It will also provide a channel for more secure communications among TJX employees. A .winners registry will ease communications with media, investors, internal associates, and vendors.
3. The free press and relevant governments. Since the .winners will be a single registrant, restricted registry, the free press and relevant governments will be able to take advantage of a single location for accurate information regarding TJX.
TJX believes that these combined goals of a more safe domain space for our customers, more secure communications for our employees, and a single location for accurate information for the free press and governments all serve the global public interest.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of speciality, service levels reputation?
TJX’s demographic reach is among the widest in retail. The addition of a .winners registry with second level domain names that serve as an information point and email mechanism will enhance TJX’s reputation in the marketplace. The .winners gTLD will help stem cybersquatting, phishing attacks, piracy, and counterfeiting since the content at .winners domain names will be trusted and emails from .winners domain names will only be sent by TJX. The .winners gTLD will also allow TJX to engage in localized marketing to engage with differing demographics throughout the world.
What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation?
A .winners gTLD will facilitate customer trust by providing an innovative Internet space for consumers to discover information about TJX products and services and to interact with the brand. Additionally, a .winners gTLD addresses both the cluttered name space within .com and other unrestricted gTLDs as well as the currently crowded gTLD market. Further, by utilizing intuitive second level registrations, TJX will be able to find pertinent information more quickly and with more confidence regarding its source.
TJX’s goal is to provide a single, trusted source of information about TJX and to provide a more secure channel for communication. Whether the stakeholders are customers, employees, the free press or relevant governments, TJX believe that a .winners registry enhances TJX’s ability to communicate with such stakeholders in a more secure, less confusing fashion. TJX is a company with global reach and transitioning from .com or ccTLDs will allow consumers worldwide to easily recognize, trust, and access information from TJX.
Provide a complete description of the applicant’s intended registration policies in support of the goals above
TJX, as registry operator, will develop a TJX Domain Management Policy (the “TJX Policy”) and will be responsible for its enforcement. The TJX Policy will be updated from time to time to reflect changes to ICANN consensus policies and changes in the law which effect the domain name space. Since the .winners registry will be a single registrant, restricted registry, the TJX Policy will reflect these restrictions. The TJX Policy will also establish various dispute policies which will apply to .winners; for example, the UDRP and the URS.
TJX will establish a process to confirm that the registrant of any second level domain name is is The TJX Companies, Inc. Upon confirmation, the process will then verify that the second level registration meets all required conventions and falls within TJX’s acceptable registration and use criteria. Once registered, it is currently anticipated that the domain name will remain the property of TJX. There will be no aftermarket in any .winners domain names.
In order for a finalized decision on registration to occur, each second level string must meet the following criteria:
1. It must not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
2. While hyphens may be used, it must not start or end with a hyphen
3. It consist of letters, numbers, and hyphens and not other characters
4. It must not correspond to any known mark of any competitors of TJX
5. It must be between 3 and 63 characters long
6. It must not match protected geographic terms until such time as ICANN provides a GAC-approved process for the registration of such terms in the TJX’s registry
At the present time, TJX does not anticipate that internationalized domain names (IDN) will be registered in the .winners registry at the second level, although the capacity for such registrations will be supported by Neustar, TJX’s back end services provider. However, IDN registrations may occur as consumer recognition of the new gTLD space evolves.
As stated above, there will be no aftermarket for second level registrations in the .winners registry. Since TJX will be the single registrant, there will be no transfer of ownership of second level domain names. All second level domain names must be used to advance the business activities of TJX and TJX will reserve the right to cancel any second level domain name should it no longer be necessary to advance such goals.
Second level registrations must not be used to knowingly infringe the rights of another nor for any improper use which could be considered a moral or public order abuse.
Moreover, TJX will full comply with ICANN requirements, including interfacing with the Trademark Clearinghouse. All second level registrations and registry operations must comply with the URS and the UDRP, among other consensus policies.
If at some point in the future TJX opens the name space to affiliates or third parties operating under a trademark license with TJX, TJX will amend the TJX Policy accordingly while ensuring all safeguards of third party rights remain in place, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights of others.
Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users?
Since TJX will be the sole registrant in the .winners registry, there will be no personal information of a natural person which is gathered or used within the registry. Further, any information posted in the WHOIS record will be that of TJX. Even so, TJX is committed to compliance with all privacy obligations found in the ICANN Registry Agreement. TJX will, when appropriate, audit the work of the WHOIS data escrow provider and will maintain best practices in privacy management, including compliance with any applicable ICANN consensus policies currently in place or promulgated in the future. If at some point in the future TJX opens the name space to affiliates or third parties operating under a trademark license with TJX, TJX will ensure that all treatment of privacy data is consistent with relevant local and national laws governing privacy rights protection, as they are interpreted and applied, and has obtained a similar warranty from its backend services provider.
Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits?
TJX will initially use .winners domain names primarily as “redirects” to and from existing .com domains. While there is currently no specific plan or budget for advertising or media outreach given the uncertainty of consumer adoption of new gTLDs in the marketplace, TJX will develop guidelines to outline the registration restrictions and processes in place for second level registrations. In the event that consumers adopt the new gTLD framework, TJX will, in the ordinary course of its marketing efforts, conduct suitable outreach and communications. Since TJX is both the registry and an operating company with a pre-existing marketing budget, there will be no specific line item for outreach and communications in the cost projections which are part of this application.
Similar gTLD applications: (6)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.homesense||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
|.tjmaxx||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
|.homegoods||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
|.marshalls||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
|.tkmaxx||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|
|.tjx||The TJX Companies, Inc.||View|