18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.travelers||Travelers TLD, LLC||View|
i. What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of specialty, service levels, or reputation?
• The goal of the proposed .travelers gTLD in terms of specialty, service levels and reputation are:
o Specialty – Travelers is an insurance company. Travelers provides policyholders protection against financial losses resulting from a variety of hazards they may experience. In the course of its business with policyholders and agents, personal and confidential information is collected and shared between authorized parties. To further demonstrate Travelers commitment in the area of data confidentiality and privacy within the insurance industry, if the TLD is used with the public, Travelers intends to utilize the .travelers gTLD to create a restricted, exclusively-controlled online environment for clients and⁄or agents with the goal of further securing the collection and⁄or transmission of personal and⁄or other confidential data required for insurance policy-management, claims processing and⁄or other insurance-related activities.
o Service levels – Due to the global nature and scope of Travelers’ business, hundreds of thousands of interactions between policyholders, affiliated agents and Travelers staff and systems occur every day. Many exchanges occur offline and require manual follow-up. One of the goals of the proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, is to create a restricted, exclusively-controlled online environment for clients and agents which will increase client confidence and⁄or trust in conducting business online. Through greater use of online tools by clients, Travelers expects to further streamline business processes, reduce turn-around times, provide more personalized service and⁄or improve overall client service delivery and⁄or satisfaction.
o Reputation – Travelers has a reputation of stellar client service, innovation and market leadership, particularly in the online environment. With the online channel growing in importance, one of the goals of the proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, is to position Travelers to meet future client expectations and⁄or competitive market demands to ensure it can continue to grow its reputation in the insurance industry and in the global marketplace.
The TLD, if used with the public, will further strive to be known for ensuring only Travelers or its affiliates register and control domain names in the TLD, that those domain names are securely used for Travelers-related purposes, that the Whois is thick and reliable, and that the Registry is responsive to legal rights owners. When Internet users visit a website within the TLD, they should know that Travelers will be the entity providing its world-renowned services, and that they can expect the highest level of online service and security. In all, Travelers will strive to be known as an exemplary and model domain name services citizen through the use of the TLD.
ii. What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space, in terms of competition, differentiation, or innovation?
Travelers intends to operate the proposed .travelers gTLD as a restricted TLD and, as such, domain names will not be commercially offered for registration⁄use by the general public. Thus, Travelers and⁄or its affiliates will have exclusive ownership and control over all second-level registrations within the TLD and their use. As a result, we believe the proposed .travelers gTLD will add to the current names space in three (3) areas:
• Competition – As technology advances, so do client expectations of companies online. They expect that companies will utilize the latest and greatest technology and online practices to improve the user experience, protect their information and deliver quality service. Travelers anticipates that the proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, will likely enable Travelers to communicate, interact and protect data in ways and under conditions not possible under the existing namespace, and thus, enabling them to meet future client expectations and⁄or competitive market demands. These innovations relating to Travelers providing online goods and services will likely incentivize existing and new top-level domains and competing goods and service companies that operate on existing and new top-level domains to also improve the security and⁄or quality of the goods and services they provide online and⁄or to accelerate the introduction of new goods and services in order to continue attracting new customers. Thus, the entry of the TLD, if used with the public, will benefit consumers by increasing the likelihood of the successful introduction of new and innovative online goods and services.
• Differentiation – While today companies like Travelers can register brand strings at the second-level (e.g., travelers.com), the proliferation of cybersquatting and typosquatting has placed a great burden on consumers to carefully tread online because there is no guarantee on the face of the domain name string that what looks like a branded website is indeed an authorized website of the brand owner. The proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, will enable Travelers to utilize a branded TLD to distinguish on the face of the domain name alone whether the site is an authorized Travelers site because the gTLD will be a restricted, exclusively-controlled online environment where only authorized Travelers web properties and e-mail will exist and operate online.
• Innovation - The proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, as a restricted TLD, will provide Travelers with a new platform on which to build future innovation of its online brand presence.
One of the most important issues for Travelersʹ customers and clients is security. The TLD, if used with the public, will allow Travelers more control over its online presence and thus the opportunity to provide information, goods and services to its clients and customers in a more secure and technologically advanced way and⁄or allow Travelers to implement technical advances that may not have been available before in a less secure environment.
With the TLD, Travelers can test the use of the TLD with consumers to facilitate their desired Web experience and to ensure that it meets the highest possible security standard. This innovation will promote competition in the Internet space and⁄or provide higher levels of service to all users and customers. Moreover, the TLD will be innovative in that it will allow more people to have greater access to a dedicated and secure top-level domain dedicated to Travelers goods and services. The TLD will also allow Travelers to continue to work more securely work in communities where access to financial services is limited by making it easier to access its banking and financial services in a trustworthy way.
• Travelers operates in an industry that has been the target of cybersquatting, typosquatting, phishing, pharming and identity theft scams due to the personal and confidential data that is utilized and stored to provide insurance and financial-related products and services to consumers. This malicious online conduct has lessened the trust and confidence of consumers to share information and transact business online. Thus, the proposed .travelers gTLD, if used with the public, has the following user experience goals:
o Enhance and better define Travelers global branding footprint to ensure Internet users understand the connection and avail themselves of the benefits of the many related products and services offered by Travelers across markets;
o Create a simplified manner in which clients, prospects, agents, employees, directors, and⁄or investors can interact with Travelers in the online digital space;
o Foster trust and confidence in online interactions by customers, prospects , agents, employees, directors and⁄or investors with Travelers by reducing the risk of Internet users being misled about, believing and⁄or acting on erroneous information about Travelers, its affiliates and⁄or its products and services presented online by unauthorized 3rd parties; and
o Simplify online navigation to Travelers products, services and affiliate information.
iv. Provide a complete description of the applicant’s intended registration policies in support of the goals listed above.
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION POLICY
The .travelers gTLD is a restricted TLD established by and for the exclusive use of Travelers and its affiliates for the purpose of, if it is used with the public, enhancing and expanding Travelers’ ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing⁄advertising;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Travelers has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Travelers products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting client privacy and confidential information online; and
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.
Registration within the .travelers TLD is limited to authorized employees of Travelers who are authorized in writing by the Travelers’ CIO or General Counsel or their designee to register domain names on behalf of Travelers for the purpose outlined above. Travelers, however, reserves the right to sell, distribute, or transfer control or use of any domain name registrations in the TLD to any third party that is an Affiliate of Applicant under the control of Applicant for uses as specified by Applicant. Affiliate will be defined for the purposes of this application as (i) a person or entity that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Applicant, and (ii) “control” (including the terms “controlled by” and “under common control with”) means the possession, directly or indirectly, of the power to direct or cause the direction of the management or policies of a person or entity regarding the use of a domain name within the TLD, whether through the ownership of securities, as trustee or executor, by serving as an employee or a member of a board of directors or equivalent governing body, by contract, by credit arrangement or otherwise.
In its registration agreement, Registrar shall require authorized Travelers’ employees, otherwise known as Registered Name Holder to:
• consent to the use, copying, distribution, publication, modification and other processing of Registered Name Holderʹs Personal Data by Travelers and its designees and agents in a manner consistent with ICANN’s consensus policies;
• submit to rights protection proceedings, such as the Uniform Rapid Suspension System (URS), provided for under ICANN’s New gTLD policies;
• submit to proceedings commenced under ICANNʹs Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (ʺUDRPʺ);
• immediately correct and update the registration information for the Registered Name during the registration term for the Registered Name;
• agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the initial launch of the Registry TLD, including without limitation the sunrise period and the land rush period, and the Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policy; and
• acknowledge and agree that Travelers reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, that it deems necessary, in its discretion; (1) to protect the integrity and stability of the Registry; (2) to comply with any applicable laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement, or any dispute resolution process; (3) to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of Travelers as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees; (4) per the terms of the registration agreement or (5) to correct mistakes made by Travelers or any Registrar in connection with a domain name registration. Travelers also reserves the right to place upon registry lock, hold or similar status a domain name during resolution of a dispute.
RESTRICTIONS ON REGISTERED NAMES
In addition to complying with ICANN standards, policies, procedures, and practices limiting domain names that may be registered, Registrar agrees to comply with applicable statutes and regulations limiting the domain names that may be registered.
v. Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy or confidential information of registrants or users? If so, please describe any such measures.
Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits.
Prior to using the proposed .travelers gTLD for product and service marketing⁄advertising, interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Travelers has a business relationship, and⁄or implementing new online navigation strategies, among other purposes, if the TLD is ever used with the public, Travelers anticipates conducting a multi-faceted outreach that will likely involve multiple communication channels, including but not limited to TV, radio, mobile, print, social media, direct mail, online advertising and marketing via our active, client and affiliate-facing websites and⁄or other public relations activities to:
• Further communicate Travelers’ commitment to online consumer safety and data privacy;
• Inform the market of Travelers’ ownership and planned use of the proposed .travelers gTLD;
• Clearly define the expected benefits to clients, prospective clients, affiliates and Internet users at large.
Future outreach and communications activities may be carried out as needed to reaffirm and clarify the above. Travelers recognizes outreach and communication are important to building trust and confidence in the legitimacy of the TLD.
Similar gTLD applications: (32)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.trv||Travelers TLD, LLC||View|
|.redumbrella||Travelers TLD, LLC||View|
|.travelersinsurance||Travelers TLD, LLC||View|
|.northlandinsurance||Travelers TLD, LLC||View|
|.cipriani||Hotel Cipriani Srl||View|
|.direct||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.movie||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.mobile||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.dish||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.phone||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.ollo||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.latino||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.data||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.ott||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.dot||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.locker||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.blockbuster||Dish DBS Corporation||View|
|.ups||UPS Market Driver, Inc.||View|
|.orientexpress||Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.||View|
|.jcp||JCP Media, Inc.||View|
|.case||Fiat Industrial S.p.A (società per azioni)||View|
|.iveco||Fiat Industrial S.p.A (società per azioni)||View|
|.newholland||Fiat Industrial S.p.A (società per azioni)||View|
|.caseih||Fiat Industrial S.p.A (società per azioni)||View|
|.ceb||The Corporate Executive Board Company||View|
|.pnc||PNC Domain Co., LLC||View|
|.dunlop||The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||View|
|.tires||The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company||View|
|.stream||Hughes Satellite Systems Corporation||View|
|.dvr||Hughes Satellite Systems Corporation||View|
|.sling||Hughes Satellite Systems Corporation||View|
|.hughes||Hughes Satellite Systems Corporation||View|