18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.ira||Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC||View|
18(b).i. WHAT IS THE GOAL OF YOUR PROPOSED GTLD IN TERMS OF AREAS OF SPECIALTY, SERVICE LEVELS OR REPUTATION?
The key goals of the proposed new .ira gTLD are in line with ICANN’s Affirmation of Commitments: to promote consumer trust, competition and consumer choice. Fidelity also seeks to foster its online reputation and provide an authoritative internet space through which Fidelity is able to communicate with its customers directly and effectively. The .ira gTLD will allow Fidelity to provide a central location for current and prospective customers and internet users to interact and learn about IRAs, related industry trends and Fidelity’s other products and services for retirement planning. The ability to create domain names on demand relating to Fidelity’s range of IRAs and other specialty products and services relating to retirement, as well as specific marketing supports these goals. Strengthened security measures, service levels and more effective functionality will provide a trusted and positive user experience.
18(b) ii. WHAT DO YOU ANTICIPATE YOUR PROPOSED GTLD WILL ADD TO THE CURRENT SPACE, IN TERMS OF COMPETITION, DIFFERENTIATION OR INNOVATION?
It is anticipated that the proposed .ira gTLD will make positive contributions to the wider internet community by providing:
The differentiation of .ira gTLD as a trusted site for Fidelity will drive existing and new TLD registry operators to make improvements in mechanisms to improve consumer trust of their TLDs. Customers and Internet users will be encouraged to interact with domain names under .ira domain space. As a result, the .ira gTLD will have a flow on effect to enable increased competition. Therefore, the benefits of the proposed .ira will be distributed not only to its direct customers, but to the internet community at large forcing improved services and competitive pricing in the market place.
DIFFERENTIATION (INCREASED TRUST):
The .ira gTLD will ultimately simplify how internet users interact with Fidelity by providing a distinctive domain space. Current and future customers, consumers and Internet users will be able to directly navigate to the .ira gTLD site, saving time and resources searching for an official site. The current domain name system has shown that it is vulnerable to malicious abuses due to registration of domain names which seek to exploit consumer confusion. Fidelity can address some of these vulnerabilities by maintaining complete control over the domain names registered under the .ira domain space. The new .ira gTLD will provide a secure and reliable central location for current and potential customers and other consumers to learn about IRAs and interact with each other and with Fidelity online. Together with consumer trust, internet users will be able to rely on the authoritativeness of the domain names and information under the .ira domain space, which will differentiate interaction between internet users and Fidelity.
With the expansion of the internet community to all corners of the world, the existing TLD structure presents limitations, not only in the availability of domain names for registrants, but also to businesses and organizations establishing a coherent global online brand presence to meet their evolving business needs. It is often difficult to register a domain name in existing domain space due to unavailability of the desired name, particularly domain names relating to Fidelity’s business, products and services. Even when the desired domain name is available, it may come with a high price tag associated with a purchase of such desired name from a third party. Online brand coherence is particularly important for financial services providers such as Fidelity where consumer trust and protection is critical in this era of new web-based and mobile technologies, which Fidelity has embraced to provide information, products and services to customers. The new .ira gTLD will allow Fidelity to provide authoritative and relevant information about IRAs, related industry trends and Fidelity’s range of products and services related to retirement. Fidelity intends to utilise the .ira domain space to provide a unique, innovative location where current and prospective customers and users can interact with each other about IRAs through blogs, discussion groups and other interactive technologies. Fidelity has the ability to create second or third level domain names on demand, including the use of topics regarding IRAs, Fidelity’s range of IRAs and other retirement planning products and services, and geographic names, which are relevant to its customer base. Fidelity will be able to combine its use of the domain space with innovative user focused marketing and services to address the currently unmet needs in the existing domain name system providing greater consumer choice.
The proposed .ira will provide a positive user experience, which meets the changing and growing needs of the global internet community. Fidelity will maintain control in the registration and use of domain names and will ensure that the new gTLD will only be used for purposes authorised by Fidelity. Therefore, the .ira gTLD will:
- provide an accessible, secure and intuitive central location for customers to learn about IRAs and interact with Fidelity online;
- provide an innovative location where current and prospective customers and users can interact with Fidelity and each other about IRAs through blogs, discussion groups and other interactive technologies;
- create second level domains for topics about IRAs and Fidelity’s range of IRAs and products and services relating to retirement planning;
- represent authenticity thus promoting user confidence;
- strengthen brand reputation and user confidence by eliminating user confusion;
- direct internet users to relevant information in a timely manner by creating domain names on demand;
- use geographic names to localise its websites to connect with internet users in the relevant regions and to comply with local laws;
- enhance security and minimize security risks by implementing necessary technical and policy measures; and
- prevent potential abuses in the registration process reducing overall costs to businesses and users.
The .ira gTLD should address the concerns that the current domain name system is open to potential malicious abuse and user confusion in the registration processes. Although the current system allows an eligible party to lodge a claim through existing Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) or other dispute resolution processes, the .ira gTLD will reduce potential abuses in the registration processes and overall costs to internet users. User confidence in the domain name system will be strengthened, which will ultimately contribute towards promoting ICANN’s core values in benefiting the public interest.
18(b)iv. PROVIDE A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF THE APPLICANTʹS INTENDED REGISTRATION POLICIES IN SUPPORT OF THE GOALS LISTED ABOVE
The proposed registration policy is attached in response to Question 28.
Only affiliate entities of Fidelity will be eligible to register domain names in .ira at this stage. The domain name registration processes will address the requirements mandated by ICANN, including rights abuse prevention measures.
18(b)v. WILL YOUR PROPOSED GTLD IMPOSE ANY MEASURES FOR PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF REGISTRANTS OR USERS? IF SO, PLEASE DESCRIBE ANY SUCH MEASURES
Fidelity is committed to the protection of privacy and confidential information in accordance with its objective of increasing consumer trust and providing a safe and legitimate internet space for internet users. Privacy and confidential information will be protected in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to internet security, privacy and user’s confidential information, including all applicable data privacy and legislation applicable in the US and ISO 2000 and ISO 27001 certification in relation to security programs. For example, Fidelity maintains processes and measures to comply as applicable with the privacy components of the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 (also known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), Related Rule S-P of the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information, the privacy rule and the security rule of the U.S. Health and Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and the Massachusetts Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth.
- service and maintain customers’ accounts;
- process transactions in connection with customers’ accounts;
- respond to inquiries from customers or their representative;
- develop, offer and deliver products and services to customers;
- fulfill legal and regulatory requirements;
- disclose necessary information to Fidelity’s contracted unaffiliated service providers, such as printing and mailing companies;
- disclose information to government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, including for tax purposes; and
- disclose information to other financial organizations, only with customers consent or as directed by the customers’ representatives, for credit assessments, or as permitted or required by law, for example to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Fidelity will deploy Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) which is intended to benefit both Fidelity and its users interacting with Fidelity online. DNSSEC provides additional security by validating information in the transmission. Therefore, it is intended to benefit those who publish information in the domain name system (DNS) and the users who retrieve information from the new .ira gTLD. Fidelity already implements measures to protect privacy or confidential information of its users against misuse, loss, alteration and unauthorised access. Such measures include the use of:
- Firewalls using multiple layers of firewalls and diverse technologies under a “defense in depth” network protection strategy;
- Denial of Service (DOS) protection at carrier, service provider and infrastructure tiers;
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention to identify and block malicious behaviour and content;
- Network Encryption including Secure Sockets Layer for general web traffic and VPNs for client and specific partner connections;
- Security Monitoring to continuously monitor for unauthorized activity at system, network and application layers;
- Secure development including regular penetration testing and code inspection to detect and remediate security issues proactively;
- Security policy, training and awareness;
- Rigorous Access Management ensuring only approved and authorized access to systems and data;
- Data Management including systems and programs to ensure that data is classified to protect customer’s personal information as well as corporate proprietary and confidential data;
- Oversight including an independent audit function to test and verify security control and processes;
- Certification including ISO20000 and ISO27001 standards to validate its security programs; and
- Fraud detection and management.
Fidelity will continue to apply all security measures currently implemented and will comply with all other policies and practices required by ICANN in the Registry Agreement and any relevant Consensus Policy for protecting the privacy and confidential information of registrants and users in the new .ira domain space.
18(b)vi. DESCRIBE WHETHER AND IN WHAT WAYS OUTREACH AND COMMUNICATIONS WILL HELP TO ACHIEVE YOUR PROJECTED BENEFITS
The proposed new .ira gTLD will be publicized by a media plan to promote recognition of the new gTLD within the internet community to be a trusted site and as a sign of authenticity. Fidelity intends to utilise a variety of marketing channels, both traditional and online, to educate its customers and internet users about the new .ira gTLD and the information, services and resources that will be available under the .ira domain space.
During the initial stage of the operation of the proposed new gTLD, it is anticipated that internet users will be re-directed to current websites. However, over time, it is foreseen that communication to the internet community of the existence of the proposed new gTLD and encouragement to use the trusted site will contribute towards minimizing malicious abuses and protecting internet users.
Similar gTLD applications: (3)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.mutualfunds||Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC||View|
|.retirement||Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC||View|
|.fidelity||Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC||View|