18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.AETNA||Aetna Life Insurance Company||View|
Aetna Life Insurance Company (“Aetna”) expects its proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others by providing them with a new, secure, and innovative space to access Aetna’s products and services. This will improve Aetna’s brand recognition, will minimize confusion for Internet users searching for Aetna’s products and services, and will increase safety and security for Internet users when using the applied-for gTLD. This can be achieved in any of the following ways, which will be further refined following ICANN’s award and delegation of the .AETNA TLD to Aetna.
i. The goals of the applied-for gTLD are related to Applicant’s Aetna brand. The applied-for gTLD, .AETNA, reflects Aetna’s most-recognized brand and mark. By applying for this TLD, Aetna aims to protect, develop, and maintain its brand reputation in the insurance industry.
ii. From Aetna’s perspective, the applied-for gTLD will bring a high degree of recognition, differentiation, and specialization to the currently existing name space. Where in most cases the specific connotation that has been initially given to gTLDs (or even ccTLDs) has disappeared, the applied-for top-level domain is intended to be unambiguous regarding: the identity of the Registry Operator; the source of the content and services offered under the applied-for gTLD; the affiliation between the Registry Operator and the gTLD; and the affiliation between the Registry Operator and any third party that is authorized by Aetna, at its discretion, to register and⁄or use one or more domain names in the applied-for gTLD.
iii. The following goals of the applied-for gTLD are related to the expected improvement in the user’s experience:
1. Securing and protecting Aetna’s key brand as a gTLD. Securing the applied-for gTLD is a logical extension of Aetna’s continued investment in protecting and promoting its brand both offline and online. Aetna also seeks to avoid any confusion that may result from another entity holding the applied-for gTLD. This is particularly beneficial for users of the Internet and consumers of Aetna’s products and services.
2. Reflecting and operating Aetna’s brand at the top-level of the DNS’ hierarchy. The ease with which users will be able to locate Aetna’s brand at the top-level of the DNS’ hierarchy is also beneficial to users.
3. Creating trust, safety and security for users. The gTLD, and most, if not all of the domain names registered therein, will be completely or at least partially under the control of the Registry Operator.
iv. Aetna intends to implement restrictive registration policies in support of the mission and purpose of the applied for gTLD. In particular, Aetna intends to implement the following policies and procedures with respect to the registration of domain names in the .AETNA TLD, including but not limited to:
1. Reservation and registration of domain names in the name of Aetna, with the option to sell, distribute, or transfer control or use of any registrations in the applied-for TLD to Aetna’s subsidiaries and or other affiliates. It is likely that this will be the scenario that Aetna will put in place during the first months or even years of operation of the applied-for gTLD. The names may include, but are not limited to:
a) descriptive names, referring to the actual day-to-day business activities of Aetna and⁄or its subsidiaries and affiliates;
b) descriptive names, referring to the internal departments of Aetna;
c) descriptive names, referring to specific platforms serviced by Aetna;
d) products and service brands promoted by Aetna, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates now and in the future; and
e) other similar domain names.
2. Launch of the TLD: When implemented by the Registry Operator, this is likely going to be a gradual process, whereby Aetna and selected third parties that meet certain criteria may register domain names in the gTLD. These processes may include the following:
a) Sunrise: allow physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements in force at that point in time to choose the domain names that are identical to their marks.
b) Land rush and general availability: allows physical persons, organizations and entities that meet the eligibility requirements in force at that point in time to register available domain names in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions.
c) Depending on the terms and conditions in force at the time of launch of the gTLD, these domain names may or may not be registered in the name of the applicant for the domain name or in the name of Aetna for the gTLD. In any case, Aetna reserves the right to impose additional and other restrictions from time to time at its sole discretion.
v. Aetna will implement any necessary and applicable measures for protecting the privacy and confidential information of registrants and users. Due to the nature of the applied-for gTLD there will likely be limited, if any, personal data to protect in the applied-for gTLD. In any event, given the fact that Aetna is licensed as an insurer and operates as an insurer in various states in the United States, it is subject to both federal and state, privacy and data protection laws, rules and⁄or practices. Therefore, Aetna will at all times be obliged to carefully consider and, where applicable, implement privacy, data protection and confidentiality measures during operation of the applied-for gTLD.
vi. Aetna has considered various ways to implement outreach and communications to achieve projected benefits. While at this stage Aetna has not developed exact plans in order to establish online activities in the applied-for gTLD or move online activities from one or more of its active domain names to the applied-for gTLD, it will implement different initiatives to make stakeholders aware of the development of the new online environment under the applied-for gTLD, including but not limited to:
1. advertisements in newspapers and magazines;
2. Internet advertising campaigns;
3. redirecting Internet traffic from its key domain names to domain names registered in the .AETNA TLD;
4. email marketing campaigns; and
5. other similar initiatives.
Similar gTLD applications: (8)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.FARMERS||Farmers Insurance Exchange||View|
|.JPMORGAN||JPMorgan Chase & Co.||View|
|.CHASE||JPMorgan Chase & Co.||View|
|.JPMORGANCHASE||JPMorgan Chase & Co.||View|
|.VIVO||Telefonica Brasil S.A.||View|
|.IPIRANGA||Ipiranga Produtos de Petroleo S.A.||View|
|.DUPONT||E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company||View|
|.DEUTSCHEPOST||Deutsche Post AG||View|