18(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.CITY||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||View|
Model: The proposed TLD is an unrestricted, open Top Level Domain (TLD), globally commercialized to provide a competitive alternative to existing generic TLDs and to other new TLDs. The TLD will be run as a commercial venture for profit with a network of registrars and a low-cost platform for ongoing management.
At present there is no single top level domain nor any other widely accepted way of addressing official web pages or email addresses of cities worldwide.
The applicant intends to position the TLD as a broadly distributed, broadly applicable alternative to .COM, .NET and .BIZ and other widely used TLDs. Utilising the TLDʹs semantic meaning the applicantʹs mission is to:
* facilitate a more coherently differentiated Internet for those wishing to identify themselves as representing a municipal area such as ʺBrussels.cityʺ or with a term of aggregation signifying a significant centralization of an activity or concept such as ʺgreen.cityʺ or ʺfun.cityʺ.
* enhance accessibility and equal opportunities for new Internet user communities and migrating registrants
* improve registry and registrar protocols for the benefit of consumers
* apply exemplary standards of community commitment and leading corporate social responsibility in the operation of a TLD registry
Mission in Context:
ICANN has set out a number of goals regarding the introduction of new generic top-level domains (gTLDs). Among the most important of these are the following:
1. The need to maintain the Internetʹs stability, and especially the protection of domain name holders from the effects of registry or registration-system failure.
2. The extent to which approval of the application would lead to an effective proof of concept concerning the expansion of the number of top level domains including:
* the diversity the proposed TLD would bring to the top level of the Internet to include fully open top level domains, restricted and chartered domains with limited scope, commercial domains, and personal domains
* support of a variety of business models and geographic locations.
3. The enhancement of competition for registration services at the registry and registrar level.
4. The enhancement of the utility of the DNS.
5. The extent to which the proposal would meet previously unmet needs.
6. The importance of appropriate protections of the rights of others, including intellectual property rights in connection with the operation of the TLD, especially during the start-up phases.
The purpose of this TLD is to:
* advance the goals of ICANN as set out above
* fulfill the TLDʹs mission as stated above
Similar gTLD applications: (11)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.在线||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||View|
|.中文网||TLD REGISTRY LIMITED||View|
|.VIG||VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe||View|
|.DELTA||Delta Air Lines, Inc.||View|
|.москва||Foundation for Assistance for Internet Technologies and Infrastructure Development (FAITID)||View|
|.MOSCOW||Foundation for Assistance for Internet Technologies and Infrastructure Development (FAITID)||View|