18(b) How do you expect that your proposed gTLD will benefit registrants, Internet users, and others?
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.ROCHER||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||View|
The registry will be rigorously controlled by authorised Ferrero personnel but it is predicted that it will also benefit the following stakeholders:
• Our customers: a new .Rocher registry will benefit them because it will be a location for authentic, accessible information about the product within the Ferrero family, a transparent, reliable and trusted source of information about the product and consumer activities (e.g. promotion, communications, digital tool) that the different Business Units will put in place; Our employees: a new gTLD will be perceived as demonstrating that Ferrero is at the forefront of developments in internet technology as well as reinforcing our Rocher brand worldwide and providing a more secure communication channel.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of speciality, service levels
We pride ourselves on the integrity of our Ferrero⁄Rocher and this will be reflected in the treatment of the new gTLD. Our goal is to position ourselves to exploit the latest internet advances in order to enhance our brand and reputation still further.
Furthermore we aim at creating a platform able to deliver useful digital contents (such as widget, apps) for consumers.
The new registry will be designed so that it is 100% ICANN compliant.
What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation?
We are eager to operate a registry with shorter domain names that are universally applicable across the globe. We feel it offers clarity and will enable our customers to place their trust in our registry which will also provide opportunities for enhanced communication.
We look forward to utilising our new registry in conjunction with our current domains and are keen to market under the term .Rocher if the new gTLD process is a success. It enables brands to leave behind complex naming hierarchies inherent in country code extensions.
We hope that our customers, wherever they may be geographically based, know they are in a trusted and authentic destination once they arrive at the new gTLD. We want them to be confident that they will receive accurate information and that their sensitive personal details will be protected. The Ferrero Group Privacy statement can be viewed here: http:⁄⁄www.ferrero.com⁄legal.php
Provide a complete description of the applicant’s intended registration policies in support of the goals above
Ferrero is the operator of the .Rocher registry. The Ferrero Domain Name Management team is responsible for the development, maintenance and enforcement of the Ferrero Domain Management Policy. This policy defines the rules associated with eligibility and domain name allocation, sets out the license terms governing the use of a .Rocher domain name and describes the dispute resolution policies for the Ferrero gTLD. The policy will be updated and revised regularly to reflect Ferrero’s commercial and strategic interests and, where appropriate, ICANN consensus policies.
Registration of a .Rocher domain name will be undertaken in four steps: Eligibility Confirmation, Naming Convention Check, Acceptable Use Review, and finally Registration. All domains in the .Rocher registry will remain the property of Ferrero.
Each applied for character string must conform to the .Rocher rules of eligibility. Each .Rocher name must:
• Be at least 3 characters and no more than 63 characters long
• Not contain a hyphen on the 3rd and 4th position (tagged domains)
• Contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these
• Start and end with an alphanumeric character, not a hyphen
• Not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
• Not match any protected country names or geographical terms
Internationalized domain names (IDN) may be supported in the .Rocher registry at the second level.
.Rocher names must be utilised solely for purposes that enhance Ferrero’s strategic or commercial interests. .Rocher domains may not be used in a way which knowingly infringes any third party intellectual property rights or gives rise to moral or public order questions.
.Rocher names may not be delegated or assigned to external organizations, institutions, or individuals.
All .Rocher domains will carry accurate and up to date registration records.
The Ferrero Domain Name Management Team may revoke a .Rocher domain name at any time in line with Ferrero’s corporate and strategic interests.
The Ferrero registry will be ICANN compliant: the registry will interface with the Trademark Clearinghouse, operate a Sunrise and IP Claims and all registrants must comply with the UDRP and the URS.
Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users?
As a global company, we take our responsibility to protect the confidential information of customers and staff very seriously.
The .Rocher registry will continue our policy of protecting confidential information and measures will be enhanced as now for existing domains. Ferrero will comply with the Personal Data obligations of the ICANN Registry Agreement. As required, approved representatives will be registered as data handlers and trained to ensure compliance with ICANN’s requirements.
• Document policies and procedures including an escalation process
• Use appropriate levels of encryption and physical security
• Training key staff and ensuring responsibilities are understood and documented in rules of conduct
• Limiting access to records only to those employees or service providers who need access for the performance of their job duties
• Testing procedures
• Monitoring best practice and ICANN’s mandated and recommended policies
• Auditing the work of providers including the Escrow provider and checking data
• Report any attempts to gain unauthorised access to appropriate enforcement authorities as required by law
Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits?
We will produce and publish guidelines for internal use. These are intended to provide clarity on who can apply for a .Rocher domain and how it is to be used. This is a standard registry closed to third parties so these guidelines should ensure that .Rocher domains are used in accordance with Ferrero’s objectives by authorised Ferrero representatives. It is likely to be necessary to create a home page for the registry, for example, using clear and straightforward messaging for the benefit of internal users so that our policy is understood and complied with. We will also participate in the ICANN Registry Operators Constituency.
Similar gTLD applications: (27)
|gTLD||Full Legal Name||Detail|
|.FERRERO||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||View|
|.KINDER||Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.||View|
|.SCA||SVENSKA CELLULOSA AKTIEBOLAGET SCA (publ)||View|
|.TEVA||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited||View|
|.MRPORTER||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.KPMG||KPMG International Cooperative (KPMG International Genossenschaft)||View|
|.ITV||ITV Services Limited||View|
|.NETAPORTER||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.PANERAI||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.IWC||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.LOVE||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.CHLOE||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.CARTIER||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.MONTBLANC||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.手表||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.PIAGET||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.JLC||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.珠宝||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.JEWELRY||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.WATCHES||Richemont DNS Inc.||View|
|.CRUISE||Cruise Lines International Association Inc.||View|
|.YAHOO||Yahoo! Domain Services Inc.||View|
|.wolterskluwer||Wolters Kluwer N.V.||View|
|.FLICKR||Yahoo! Domain Services Inc.||View|
|.Gucci||Guccio Gucci S.p.a.||View|